First Menu

Second title

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Man on the street reaction to Joan Rivers' death outside of hospital and Caroline's Comedy Club

Word that Joan Rivers died Thursday (4 SEPT. 2014) was tough news for people on the streets of New York, Rivers' home.
Outside Mount Sinai Hospital, where Rivers had been hospitalized, Glynis O'Leary said she was in the area when she learned the comedian died.
"I was just walking from a meeting down the block and saw the crowd outside here and grabbed my iPhone and looked up and saw the she died and it's really sad. It seems like she was so vibrant and alive for so long and she was just always a staple and a presence so it's weird to imagine her not being around anymore."
In front of the NBC Studios where "The Tonight Show" is filmed, Aja Harper said she was devastated.


"It hurts because I don't really watch TV but Joan Rivers is one of my favorite people and I love her attitude, how blunt she is about everything. She lets people know how she feels and she doesn't hold anything back so I look at that and that's how I am so it just hurts to find out, oh, Joan Rivers died. I'm just like, 'When?' and I just found out she was in a coma. So it was just like everything - it was just too much."
Outside Caroline's Comedy Club, Sue Hearn, who is visiting New York from England, talked about how the comedian made her laugh.
"(She was) Just so funny. I mean she was just hysterical. She was just such a funny, funny lady, great comedian and she was well loved in England, yes."
Dorothy Head, visiting Manhattan from Jacksonville, Florida, spoke about Rivers' unique style.
"I was very saddened by it. She was a madcap and I loved her last commercial where she was talking about I think the Dodge car. A lot of people didn't appreciate her sarcastic humor at times but I did. She was great."
Rivers died one week after she was hospitalized after going into cardiac arrest in a doctor's office following a routine procedure.
The legendary comedian was 81-years-old.