First Menu

Second title

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Katy Perry: I’ve toned down my look




Katy Perry: I’ve toned down my look
Katy Perry describes her make-up experiments as more 'age appropriate' these days.
The popstar is known for wearing super bright colours on her face and for sporting hot pink and blue hair.
Katy still likes to mix things up with her beauty look, but feels she's grown out of the wacky phase.
'We still like to do dramatic make-up but I think we are in the more age appropriate era of experimenting,' Katy laughed in a behind-the-scenes video from her American Vogue cover shoot.
'My skin used to be a lot worse than it is [now] so we would do a lot more coverage because I was insecure about my skin and when you’re insecure about your skin, you just do a lot more.'
The singer first started to experiment with her hair colour in her teens. The 28-year-old shared how her failed attempt at channelling Madonna resulted in her first introduction to her now trademark black locks.
'I've been dyeing my hair black since I was 15,' she explained. 'The whole reason was because when I was 15 I chopped it all off and had it bleached like Madonna in Who's That Girl, it didn't look right! So I bought a box of black hair dye and never went back.'
The stunning star named which of her features she likes the best. If her brows and eye make-up is perfect she feels confident, but doesn't really rate the rest of her facial attributes.
'My brows and my eyes, I think, are what frame my face… If I can get my brows and my eyes right, that really sets the whole face,' she shared. 'I have all right lips and all right cheekbones but they're no like, show offs.'