First Menu

Second title

Monday, August 18, 2014

Michelle Dockery and Joanne Froggatt on their Emmy nomination


'Downton Abbey' enters the Primetime Emmy Awards on Aug. 25 as one of the top-nominated shows....

Two of the female stars, Michelle Dockery, who plays Lady Mary, and Joanne Froggatt, who plays her maid Anna, are nominated as Outstanding Lead Actress and Best Support Actress in the drama category, respectively.....

And neither can believe their luck.

"The first time around I was obviously so thrilled and over the moon - and I guess I felt like I was the sort of curveball nomination the first time and I just felt so lucky that I managed to get into this group of actresses and I was just like, 'Wow,'" said Froggatt. "And to get a second nomination is... I actually feel like welling up just talking about it, because it is just such, that I can say that I'm a double Emmy nominee is the most amazing thing. It's such a dream come true. And it's even more of an honor because a second time around, not that many people get to have that experience again and it was such a wonderful experience."

"I really wasn't expecting let alone my nomination but for the rest of the nominations, because we, you do expect that, you think, 'Well, other shows are coming in now.' 'True Detective' is of course, you know, it's exploded into people's lives, and there's a natural kind of, you know, the new ones start and maybe some of the old ones get forgotten," said Dockery. "So for us it was a huge surprise to be acknowledged again and a wonderful feeling to know that people aren't, you know, they're not cooling down, they're still really enjoying the show and that's a lovely feeling for us."

Both women are sure to turn heads for their fashion choices on the Emmys red carpet, but Dockery says now that she's walked that stretch of Los Angeles real estate a few times, she's learned to relax and enjoy it....



"It's just fun. And I love seeing the same people, because obviously you make friends with people in other shows over the years. So I love seeing the 'Mad Men' cast and you know, it's just a nice time for us all to get together and have a good time," she said. "Yeah it's crazy and I've learnt to just enjoy it now and not worry so much about the red carpet and just have fun with it. I think in the early days it was completely overwhelming, so I would always be much more nervous about saying something or, you know, and after a while you realize it doesn't really matter and it's just a bit of fun."

The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards air in the U.S. Aug. 25 at 8 p.m. Eastern on NBC.