First Menu

Second title

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Regional Mexican singer Larry Hernandez on marrying his longtime girlfriend and new upcoming music.

Regional Mexican singer Larry Hernandez may not be in a rush to put a ring on it, but it doesn't diminish the love he has for his partner Kenia Ontiveros.

"It's been a few years now that I've been with Kenia (Ontiveros) and I'm one of the people that believe that a ring or a piece of paper, the signature, are not things that make your love grow," said Hernandez. "I'm not saying that one day we won't do it, my fans are always screaming for this because this topic always comes up. The topic of making our relationship formal. It is already formal. We have two beautiful daughters and it's a blessing that she has made me a father for the fourth time and that the audience witnessed it during the season. They witnessed the birth of Dalary. It is important for me but from the moment I asked her if she wanted to be with me, to come and live with me, from the moment we decided to be a couple and to make join our lifes that was our official commitment. It really would just be for social egos and someday I will decide to give her a ring and marry her but at the moment it's not on my list."

Hernandez is in his third season of "Larrymania," a reality show about his day to day life which airs weekly on Mun2. The show features the relationship with his girlfriend, their two daughters, his two sons from a previous relationship and his mother.



"Everything is taped. Obviously we exclude nudity and using the restroom which we have to comply with on television but everything you guys see is real," confirmed Hernandez. "So much that we are used to the cameras, it's been three years and sometimes we just go on about something and when we sit and rewatch the edited footage I think, I can't believe I said that. You forget that you have a camera on you so you just let it rip. But that's what makes the show successful, we let loose and it's also great that this time around I have more experience. Everything is much more natural because I remember in season one I used to wear sunglasses during the narrations."

Aside from celebrating "Larrymania's" success, Hernandez has released his new album, "Otra Vez ... en la Lista Negra" (Once Again ... On the Black List).

The album features romantic songs and corridos, but clearly staying away from narco-corridos, the songs that originally made him famous.

Hernandez, who made a name for himself with the 2009 album "16 Narcocorridos," turns to romantic music in his latest work.

"Well we decided to name it 'On the Black List Again' because I am always on the blacklist. So that's where the title of the album came from but I'm happy because God willing in September my 'banda' album is going to be released with songs and duets. I can't wait for my fans to hear this album which is completely banda music. Plus there will be one or two covers."

Due to the drug cartel situation in Mexico, Hernandez agreed it was time to retire narco-corrido music for the time being.

"It's time to settle in and calm down. Why? Because there are many cities where I can't perform, many states in Mexico's republic that have problems," explained Hernandez. "So we have to adapt to these changes and not make so many 'corridos' because there are so many states that prohibit 'corridos'. So why keep adding lighter fluid to the flame? Maybe once it calms down, and people forget then we can go back and make a 'corrido' album."